Terms and Conditions

Acceptance of your financial aid award indicates that you agree to comply with the rules and regulations that govern the programs for aid as well as the policies of this institution. Your award is subject to change if corrections or revisions are made to the information you provided on your applications for aid.

Additional Assistance                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           If you receive additional funds not listed on your Award Notice (scholarships, departmental awards, etcetera) report them immediately to the Office of Financial Aid. Your aid may be adjusted as a result of these funds. You will be notified in writing of any resulting changes in your eligibility for aid. 

Previously Received Title Aid                                                                                                                                                                                                                              You must not be in default on any federal educational loans, or owe any refunds on federal grants received at any post-secondary institution to receive federal student aid.

Use of Funds                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Funds received through financial assistance programs may only be used for educationally-related expenses incurred for the academic year. All federal aid (with the exception of FWS) will be applied directly to your institutional charges, which may include: tuition, fees, housing and other allowable charges. Funds in excess of these charges will be paid to you within 14 days of the existing credit balance, unless otherwise authorized by you in writing.

Enrollment Requirements                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Generally you must be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program to receive financial aid. Because aid programs can have specific enrollment requirements (i.e. must be enrolled six hours, etc.), be sure to check your awards for their minimum enrollment status requirements.

Withdrawal                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Withdrawal from coursework may jeopardize your current and future financial aid eligibility. If you withdraw or are asked to withdraw, you must inform the Office of Financial Aid immediately. Depending on the length of your enrollment for the academic period, you may be required to repay all or part of the aid you received.

Satisfactory Academic Progress                                                                                                                                                                                                          Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is the measure of a student's successful completion of coursework toward a certificate or degree. Federal regulations require schools to monitor cumulative grade point average and the percentage of coursework completed at least once a year. Students who fail to achieve minimum standards may lose their eligibility for federal, state and institutional financial aid programs.

Rights and Responsibilities                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Education after high school involves your time, money, and effort. It is a big investment that carries with it many rights and responsibilities.                                           

As a student you have the right to know from the Office of Financial Aid:        

  • Financial Aid Programs available at Louisiana Delta Community College
  • How students apply for aid and how eligibility is determined
  • How and when aid is disbursed
  • Return and repayment of Title IV aid policy
  • Policies regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Terms and conditions of any employment that is part of the package
  • Terms and conditions regarding Title IV Aid.


As a student, you are responsible for:

  • Completing all forms required by the Office of Financial Aid accurately and by the published deadlines.
  • Notifying the Office of Financial Aid if any changes are made in your name, address, marital status, financial situation, or enrollment status.
  • Reporting to the Office of Financial Aid any additional assistance from other sources, such as scholarships, waivers, and education benefits.
  • Maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
  • Reapplying for aid each year by completing the FAFSA.