Associate of Science Louisiana Transfer
CIP Code - 240199
The mission of the transfer associate degree is to provide students with an opportunity to complete the first 60 hours of work toward a baccalaureate degree at a two-year or community college. Students who successfully complete a designated transfer associate program are eligible to enter a four-year public university as a junior, with all 60 credits transferring to the receiving university.
The Louisiana transfer associate degree consists of a 39-hour general education block and a 21-hour block of additional coursework. Students who enter a four-year public university with this degree in hand will have met the institution's general education requirements and will be granted upper division (junior) status, with all of its concomitant rights and privileges. This guarantee applies to those who successfully complete the degree with a grade of "C" or better in each course.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Associate of Science program will be able to:
- Identify the historical and modern impacts of Fine Arts.
- Demonstrate the ability to read at the college level.
- Identify the development of western civilizations and the cultural impact of the American political system.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret numerical data or utilize mathematical statistics.
- Demonstrate the use of abstract reasoning and critical thinking in scientific applications.
- Communicate effectively in written English.