General StudiesView Catalog Listing
CIP Code - 240102
The mission of the General Studies Program is to develop the individual student with skills on the intellectual and humanistic level, creating the foundation for future academic and career success.
The Associate of General Studies is designed to allow students greater flexibility to develop a degree program tailored to their individual needs, whether the student intends to earn a degree and begin work or continue at a four-year institution to pursue a bachelor’s degree. To be awarded this degree, the student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all credits toward the degree.
Upon completion of the General Studies Degree Program, graduates will be able to:
- Distinguish the diversity of cultures in the United States and in certain European countries.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Recognize moral conflicts and adjust their behavior accordingly.
- To prepare students for continued study in science and health related fields
- To develop skills in analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving
- To instill the importance of science to society
- To apply theoretical knowledge to practical scientific applications
- To effectively communicate science to others