CIP Code - 120402
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Barber-Styling is to provide maximum development of the individual thus preparing the student for assimilation into the Barber-Styling business.
The Technical Diploma in Barber-Styling diploma is designed to prepare students to work efficiently in the industry of Barber-Styling. This competency-based program includes classroom instruction and practical/lab experience under supervision of the instructor. Practical skills are developed through experience in a school-based, on-site shop which is equipped and managed according to industry standards by the students with instructor supervision. Upon completion of this program, which is approved by the LA State Board of Barber Examiners and meets the 1500-hour requirement, students are eligible to take the LA State Board of Barber Examiners licensure examination.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Barber/Styling program will be able to:
- Demonstrate and identify the skills necessary to pass the state Barber-Styling licensure examination.
- Exhibit compliance with industry standards regarding safe use of tools, equipment, and materials used in the Barber-Styling industry.
- Identify the rules and regulations governing the practice of Barber-Styling in the state of Louisiana.
- Determine proper and improper shop management and selling techniques.
- Identify and exhibit characteristics of entrepreneurs in the Barber-Styling industry.
- Demonstrate appropriate customer customer service skills required to effectively serve the public in the Barber-Styling industry.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to become employed in the Barber-Styling industry.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.