The following terms as used in the code are defined as follows:
- Grievance- expression of alleged unfair or inequitable treatment with respect to the application of policy, procedure, or regulation
- Discrimination complaint- written complaint alleging any policy, procedure, or practice that discriminates on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Student Grievant- individual enrolled in academic courses part-time, full-time, "credit," or “audit” who files the grievance.
- Applicant Grievant (under ADA)- applicant for admission to post-secondary education who submits a complaint alleging discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Administration or staff – any person who currently hold a non- faculty appointment within Louisiana Delta Community College.
- College employee- any person employed by the College, including student employees
- Business Day – any day when the College offices are open for business.
- Code – means the Code of Student Conduct including the stated expectation for student behavior and procedures through which the department of Student Success Services addresses student misconduct.
- College – means Louisiana Delta Community College and all of its campuses, or other locations on which it operates.
- College facilities – building or grounds used, owned, leased, operated, controlled or supervised by the College.
- College activity, event, or trip- any activity, event, or trip sponsored by the College or any division/ organization of the College
- Faculty – any person who holds a current academic appointment within the College.
- Member of the College Community – any student, faculty, administrator or staff member of the College or visitor to the College.
- Student – all persons taking courses at the College, without regard to the physical location of the course, including off campus sites or through distance learning.
- Student Disciplinary Hearing Panel – appointed members of the College community appointed to hear conduct referrals relating to alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct, except for alleged violations of the Standards of Academic Integrity.