Certified Manufacturing Generalist (CMG)
The Certified Manufacturing Generalist (CMG) training program is designed to build foundational skills needed in manufacturing and represents skills needed for about 85 percent of the new industrial jobs coming to the region.
The CMG program is "holistic" in that all courses are interrelated. To be an effective employee requires knowledge skills to function in today’s fast-paced, high-tech, global business environment. Some job tasks will require the use of technology. Other job tasks may require unique skills such as math or measurement. Finally, skills that increase personal effectiveness with coworkers and customers also create a better business environment. This program requires that learners integrate skills taught in all courses to enable them to perform effectively in a manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing program is comprised of the following areas:
- Introduction to Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Processes & Production
- Tools and Equipment used in Manufacturing
- Quality Practices & Measurement
- Introduction to Fabrication
- Process Technology
- Maintenance Awareness
Program graduates will receive the following certifications:
- NCCER Core
- MSSC CPT
- MSSC CLA
- National Safety Council Forklift
- OSHA 10 General Industry
- National Safety Council 1st Aid/CPR/AED
- Convergence NFPA70-E (Arc Flash Electrical Safety)
- MARCOM Basic Rigging Safety
- ACT WorkKeys (Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, Reading for Information)
Classes start every Wednesday and meet Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To enroll please contact Nicole Barfield, 318-345-9288, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Manufacturing Generalist-Start your pathway to a manufacturing career
This fast-paced certification for manufacturing (CMG) course focuses on the core skills and knowledge needed by production workers including forklift and OSHA10 certification preparation.
Students also receive:
- WorkKeys test certification
- NCCER Core
- First Aid, CPR, & AED Certification
- Driver's License
- English Proficiency
- Provide a copy of high school diploma/HSE (completion not mandatory for program acceptance)
- TABE Score Level of 8.0 or higher in reading and math
- Age 18 or older
Financial assistance may be available.
For information on Certified Manufacturing Generalist, contact Nicole Barfield, 318-345-9288, email@example.com.