Students, are you learning about the value of internships or trying to find an internship? Career Services is here to help! We can help you polish up your resume while learning interview etiquette. We continue to seek ways in which to expand internship opportunities for LDCC students and to reach out to surrounding community.
What Every College Student Should Know:
- Duration of anywhere from three months to two years, but a typical experience usually lasts from three to six months. Generally a one?time experience.
- May be part?time or full?time.
- May be paid or non?paid.
- Internships may be part of an educational program, providing careful monitoring and evaluation for academic credit. An important element that distinguishes an internship from a short?term job or volunteer work is that an intentional “learning agenda” is structured into the experience.
- Learning activities common to most internships include learning objectives, observation, reflection, evaluation and assessment. An effort is made to establish a reasonable balance between the intern learning goals and the specific work an organization needs done.
- Internships promote academic, career and/or personal development.
- Build your resume, portfolio, and/or curriculum vitae; as well as, collecting letters of reference.
- Network and make new connections in the industry for any future job seeking opportunities.
- Most employers (58% or more) are more likely to hire interns--be professional.
- See out challenges and demonstrate a desire to learn and develop.
- Be respectful, courteous and make a positive impression.
- Ask thoughtful questions and express your interest in learning more.
- Treat your internship experience as if it were an extended job interview.
- North Louisiana Economic Partnership Internship Opportunities link
- How to Intern: The Do’s and Don’ts of Internships
How Do Internships Benefit Employers?
- Year round source of highly motivated pre?professionals
- Students bring new perspectives to old problems
- Visibility of your organization is increased on campus
- Quality candidates for temporary or seasonal positions and projects
- Freedom for professional staff to pursue more creative projects
- Flexible, cost?effective work force not requiring a long?term employer commitment
- Proven, cost?effective way to recruit and evaluate potential employees
Your image in the community is enhanced as you contribute your expertise to the educational enterprise!
Contact the Office of Career Services if you are interested in utilizing an Internship with our College!
Career and Job Placement Specialist
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.