Associate of General Studies: Applied Sciences Concentration
CIP Code - 240102
The mission of the General Studies Program is to develop the individual student with skills on the intellectual and humanistic level, creating the foundation for future academic and career success.
The Associate of General Studies is designed to allow students greater flexibility to develop a degree program tailored to their individual needs, whether the student intends to earn a degree and begin work or continue at a four-year institution to pursue a bachelor’s degree. To be awarded this degree, the student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all credits toward the degree. Beginning Fall 2018, the General Studies degree program will be offered 100% online, as well as on campus.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Associate of General Studies program will be able to:
- Distinguish the diversity of cultures in the United States and in certain European countries.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Recognize moral conflicts and adjust their behavior accordingly.
- To prepare students for continued study in science and health related fields.
- To develop skills in analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- To instill the importance of science to society.
- To apply theoretical knowledge to practical scientific applications.
- To effectively communicate science to others.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.