CIP Code - 511614
The mission of the Career and Technical Certificate in Nurse Assistant is to provide the educational and clinical tools necessary to become a certified Nurse Assistant, allowing the graduate to obtain gainful employment in health care facilities and to contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state.
The Career and Technical Certificatea in Nurse Assistant prepares students for employment in long-term care facilities, home health agencies, acute care facilities, and hospitals where basic bedside nursing care is needed. Classroom instruction includes an introduction to health care, essential Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) skills required for certification, body structure and function, and the job-seeking process, with an introduction to computer skills, as it relates to the health care industry. Students participate in clinical activities at approved facilities under the supervision of the instructor. Upon successful completion of this program the student is qualified for universal certification and employment in the areas of long-term care, home health care, and acute care.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Nurse Assistant program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to function efficiently as a member of the health care team as identified by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH), Louisiana Register and the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA).
- Identify and demonstrate the skills necessary to function as a member of the health care team as identified by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH), Louisiana NA registry and the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA).
- Explain how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance regulation impacts workers in the health care industry.
- Interact with clients, their support persons, and the health care team using appropriate communication techniques.
- Institute and maintain principles of infection control.
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical conduct in the workplace.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to become employable in the healthcare industry.
- Landmark Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- University Health Conway
- Glenwood Regional Medical Center
- St. Francis Medical Center
- Ochsner's Medical Center
- The Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Plantation Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, LLC
- Franklin Medical Center
- Richland Medical Center
- Ouachita HealthCare
- American Medical Response
- Northeast Louisiana Ambulance Service
- Cypress Grove Behavioral Health
- Liberty Healthcare Services
- Willow Ridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Legacy Hospice
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.