CIP Code - 240102
The mission of the General Studies Program is to develop the individual student with skills on the intellectual and humanistic level, creating the foundation for future academic and career success.
The Associate of General Studies is designed to allow students greater flexibility to develop a degree program tailored to their individual needs, whether the student intends to earn a degree and begin work or continue at a four-year institution to pursue a bachelor’s degree. To be awarded this degree, the student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all credits toward the degree.
Upon completion of the General Studies Degree Program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to think and reason logically, using language of social and behavioral sciences.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize formulas, equations, and quantitative problem solving strategies.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the fine arts through music, theater, or art appreciation.
- Identify the nature and processes of science, in particular, the scientific method.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.