Tobacco-Free Environment Policy
The LOUISIANA COMMUNITY & TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM’s Policy #6.024, titled: SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT POLICY gave authority to each LCTCS college to develop and implement a smoke-free policy throughout its facilities and grounds to become effective 8/01/2014. The policy was developed in accordance with Act 211 of the 2013 Legislative Session.
“Smoking” means inhaling, exhaling, burning, carrying, or possessing any lighted tobacco product, including, cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, and any other lighted combustible plant material.
“Tobacco-free” means the prohibition on the use of tobacco derived or containing products, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, hookah-smoked products, oral tobacco products and all electronic cigarettes (e-cigs or e-cigarettes), personal vaporizers (PVs) or electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS).
As of July 1, 2010 LDCC became tobacco free and therefore, set forth the following smoking/tobacco guidelines as indicated in the 2015-2016 Student Handbook in General Policies, Standards, and Guidelines:
All buildings of Louisiana Delta Community College are smoke-free and tobacco-free. Smoking and or use of tobacco products by employees, students, and visitors are prohibited in buildings and on the college grounds.
The purpose of this policy is to provide a safe and amicable workplace for all employees as well as to preserve and improve the health, comfort and environment of students, employees and any persons occupying our campuses.
Resources available for Tobacco Cessation and Tobacco Free links:
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov
- Smokefree.gov: www.smokefree.gov
- American Lung Association Smoking Cessation Programs: http://www.lung.org/associations/states/louisiana/
- KillTheCan.org - A Resource To Quit Dip, Snuff & Chewing ...
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- CDC Website
- Quit With Us, Louisiana! - a great site and lists some helpful link which address:
- Reasons to Quit
- Get a Quit Plan
- Quitline Support
- Staying Quit
- Share Your Story
1-877-270-STOP (1-877-270-7867) English
1-877-2NO-FUME (1-877-266-3863) Spanish
1-877-777-6534 Hearing Impaired
- Annual Security Report
- Campus Crime Statistics Reports
- Criminal Complaint Process
- Daily Crime Log
- Emergency Notification System
- Protective/Restraining Orders
- Registered Sex Offenders
- Security Policy (opens in new window)
- Sex Crime Reporting Data
- Sexual Assault Collection Kits and Sexually-Oriented Criminal Offenses Data Collection Survey
- Tobacco-Free Environment Policy
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.