Associate of Applied Science Full Stack Cloud Developer
CIP Code - 110902
The Associate of Applied Science – Full Stack Cloud Developer degree prepares students to take on careers in the cloud computing ecosystem by providing training in fundamental elements of IT such as hardware and software support, networking, and security with an emphasis on virtualization, server technologies, databases, and computer programming. All of these core concepts are taught using cloud technology as a backdrop, with each course exploring how the cloud has augmented the specialties. Practical application of cloud concepts is also implemented so that students finish the program of study with sufficient knowledge and skill in this blossoming field.
Cloud computing involves the use of computing resources such as but not limited to applications, storage, database, and computer power in an on-demand, yet off premises fashion. The technologies utilized to accomplish this allow elements of an IT infrastructure to be housed in remote locations or data warehouses without direct active management of the entity utilizing it. Cloud computing allows for greater flexibility and nearly instant scalability.
Analysis of industry trends reveals a shift to these on-demand methods of technological operation across a plethora of fields including aerospace, shipping and transportation, healthcare, manufacturing, and education. As a community college, we sit at the forefront of the movement to provide a skilled workforce to fill labor shortages in this space which are expected to increase exponentially in the coming years.
Today, cloud computing is a top skill that employers of IT teams require. Forbes magazine stated in 2018 there were over 50,000 unfilled cloud computing positions available across the United States and 100,000 worldwide. The demand is expected to increase exponentially, requiring not only community colleges to set the pace for this training, but also imploring high schools and universities to participate in the creation and sustainment of this skilled workforce pipeline.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Associate of Applied Science Full Stack Cloud Developer program will be able to:
- Describe cloud core services
- Demonstrate how cloud components fit together
- Configure basic networking on various platforms using protocols and standards
- Use query languages for data retrieval and database manipulation
- Evaluate server performance including the basics of monitoring and maintaining servers
- Implement fundamental features and infrastructure of system security
- Business & Technology
- Business Office Administration
- Computer Science
- Full Stack Cloud Developer
- Information Technology
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Associate of Arts Louisiana Transfer General Business
- Associate of General Studies Business Concentration
- Associate of Science Louisiana Transfer Computer Science
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.