CIP Code - 110901
As human existence increasingly relies on a digital infrastructure to support everything from basic needs to superfluous dreams, opportunistic individuals seeking to capitalize on market shifts demand educational alternatives in preparation for meeting ever changing employment possibilities. Bringing learners from IT infancy to cyber relevance to meet this moving target and provide for its workforce while concurrently providing a pathway to academic transferability is the mission of the Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology.
Rooted in the colloquial “Holy Trinity” of vendor neutral IT Certifications, the AAS in Information Technology congeals the industry standard A+, Network+, and Security+ credentials core with a necessary business component, while still allowing the student the flexibility to choose an area of interest through technology elective selections.
The goals of the Computer Technology program are:
- To offer academically transferable courses to four-year colleges and universities in hardware and software troubleshooting and support, networking, security, server architecture, and other related information technology disciplines.
- To prepare the student with the foundation required for success in any Information Technology career.
- To collaborate with area businesses and industry to meet training needs as well as provide a platform for industry stakeholders to take part in the shaping and education of the future workforce.
- To incorporate innovative teaching competencies and programs leading to the associate degree in Information Technology or related certificate program/specialized career training initiative.
- To present opportunities for the Computer Technology students to participate in relevant student organizations, community events, and interaction with the Information Technology community.
- To incorporate fundamental business principles such as communication and customer service skills as requested by the esteemed members of the advisory board.
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Information Technology combines English, math, social science, natural science, and humanities with business and computer courses to create a program designed to meet the increasing demand for entry-level Information Technology professionals. Further, a significant portion of the coursework is transferable for those students wishing to complete a bachelor’s degree. The program is also designed to help students prepare for and successfully complete several internationally recognized, industry-based certifications inclusive of but not limited to certifications offered by CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, and LPI.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Information Technology program will be able to:
- Demonstrate hands-on technical skill in the use of computer hardware, software, networking, and security.
- Successfully complete industry-based certifications associated with their course of study.
- Critically read and interpret technical literature.
- Communicate using both verbal and written communication to accurately convey technical information.
- Utilize proper listening skills and customer service technique to resolve client issues.
- Successfully apply computer networking principles in exam based, hands-on, and virtual lab scenarios.
- Correctly identify risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of computer systems as well as ways to mitigate them.
From computer troubleshooting and support to securing enterprise networks through proper monitoring and threat detection, the Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology will provide the proper training for the needs of the present and future information technology workforce.
The degree is streamlined to focus on foundational elements of IT while providing flexibility for students and program administrators to adapt and adjust as the industry need arises. Course offerings include on-site (day/night) offerings as well as some online offerings where suitable.
- Business & Technology
- Business Office Administration
- Computer Science
- Full Stack Cloud Developer
- Information Technology
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Associate of Arts Louisiana Transfer General Business
- Associate of General Studies Business Concentration
- Associate of Science Louisiana Transfer Computer Science
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.