Business Office Administration
CIP Code - 520401
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science in Business Office Administration is to prepare individuals to provide technical support and special assistance to business professionals and other management personnel. The AAS was developed to meet the goal of workforce development by providing specialized classroom instruction and practical experience through five distinct concentrations; (1) General Office, (2) Accounting and (3) Medical Office.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business Office Administration prepares individuals to acquire marketable skills for entry-level employment positions and career advancement in various areas of business, industry, and government offices. Students will receive hands-on training in office technology software skills using Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher. Coursework in business calculators, records management, business communication, math, accounting, and office procedures is also included in the curriculum. This program provides students with safe and efficient work practices, basic occupational skills, customer service, job-seeking skills, employability skills, and strong work ethics required for success in the workplace.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Business Office Administration program will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical skill in the use of leading industry-based productivity software products.
- Maintain and operate office equipment efficiently.
- Apply and use correct communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic occupational and employability skills through critical thinking and situational analysis.
- Develop and apply industry desired personality traits and appearance.
- Prepare to become responsible citizens and good leaders in business services and the world of human work as demonstrated through appearance, dependability, mental attitude, initiative, human relations skills, and other characteristics necessary for success on the job.
- Function efficiently in the office environment.