Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
CIP Code - 470201
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration service repair industry.
The Technical Diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration provides specialized training which prepares individuals to install, diagnose, repair, and maintain the operating condition of domestic, residential, and commercial heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program will be able to:
- Identify and apply appropriate mathematical principles needed to install and troubleshoot HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate proper refrigerant handling techniques.
- Explain the principles of the refrigeration process.
- Diagram, install, and troubleshoot electrical devices and circuits as applied in the HVAC industry.
- Demonstrate proper procedures to install and troubleshoot domestic air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Design, troubleshoot, and install residential air conditioning, gas heat, electric heat, heat pump systems according to industry standards and practices.
- Demonstrate HVAC industry safety procedures.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Automotive Technology
- Computerized Numerical Controlled Manufacturing
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Heavy Equipment Vehicle Operator
- Industrial Instrumentation Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Process Technology
- Structural Welding
- Structural and Pipe Welding
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.