CIP Code - 150699
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Process Technology is to train students to become process technicians who control and monitor the systems that run industrial plants.
The Process Technology (PTEC) program prepares individuals to monitor and control the systems that run industrial plants. Operators gather information using instrumentation and lab equipment to maintain safe work areas and keep plants in compliance with regulatory requirements. Operators work both indoors and outdoors alongside engineers, chemists and other professionals. Operators use knowledge of computers, math, physics, and chemistry to keep industrial plants running safely and efficiently. They require strong communications skills, the ability to write, express views orally and listen in order to succeed at their jobs.
Students transferring into the program must take a minimum of 12 hours of technical coursework at Louisiana Delta Community College to be eligible to graduate with an Associate’s Degree in Process Technology.
The Associate of Applied Science in Process Technology is fully accredited by the Association of Technology Management and Applied Engineering.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Process Technology program will be able to:
- Work effectively as a team member and demonstrate that they can exhibit professional and Ethical behavior in the workforce.
- Identify instrumentation and instrument systems used in processing industries.
- Operate process technology equipment and systems as a process technician.
- Practice environmental, safety and health guidelines as a process technician.
- Demonstrate the application of quality concepts as a process technician.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Automotive Technology
- Computerized Numerical Controlled Manufacturing
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Heavy Equipment Vehicle Operator
- Industrial Instrumentation Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Process Technology
- Structural Welding
- Structural and Pipe Welding
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.