Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
CIP Code - 470605
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Diesel Power Equipment Technology is to offer training and practical experience to qualified applicants interested in pursuing careers in the field of Diesel Power Equipment Technology and to provide entry-level technicians for the diesel power equipment industry.
The Technical Diploma in Diesel Powered Equipment Technology provides specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare individuals for employment as entry-level diesel-powered equipment technicians. The program prepares the individual to select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. The content includes, but is not limited to, disassembling engines and replacing parts, fuel injection systems, oil and water pumps, electrical systems, steering and suspension systems, brake systems, drive train, and chassis. Instruction also includes the use of technical manuals, preventive maintenance procedures, and safe and efficient work practices.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program will be able to:
- Describe the theory of basic diesel-powered equipment systems.
- Engage in servicing and maintenance of all types of diesel-powered equipment.
- Select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctions and repair engines; transmissions; drive trains; fuel systems; emission systems; electrical, air-conditioning, and brake systems.
- Demonstrate safe, efficient work practices, and basic occupational and employability skills.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Automotive Technology
- Computerized Numerical Controlled Manufacturing
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Heavy Equipment Vehicle Operator
- Industrial Instrumentation Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Process Technology
- Structural Welding
- Structural and Pipe Welding
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.