CIP Code - 470604
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Automotive Technology offers training and practical experience to qualified applicants interested in preparing for careers in the field of Automotive Technology, and to provide entry-level technicians for the automotive industry.
To provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare individuals to engage in the servicing and maintenance of all types of automobiles at the entry-level. To prepare individuals to select, safety use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. Instructions in the diagnostics of malfunctions and the repair of engines; fuel, electrical, cooling, HVAC system, and brake systems; drive train and suspension.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Automotive Technology program will be able to:
- Describe the theory of basic automotive systems.
- Identify the service and maintenance of all types of automobiles.
- Select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctions and repair engines; transmissions; drive trains; fuel systems; emission systems; electrical, air-conditioning, and brake systems.
- Identify and demonstrate safe, efficient work practices, and basic occupational and employability skills.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Automotive Technology
- Computerized Numerical Controlled Manufacturing
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Industrial Instrumentation Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Process Technology
- Structural Welding
- Structural and Pipe Welding
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.