Heavy Equipment Vehicle Operator, C.T.S.
CIP Code - 490202
The mission of the Certificate of Technical Studies in Heavy Equipment Vehicle Operator is to prepare individuals for employment as professional heavy equipment vehicle operators and tractor-trailer drivers.
The HEVO program is a short-term training course designed to prepare students to enter the heavy construction industry. Program content includes instruction in general construction site safety, operation of diesel powered heavy equipment and tractor trailer rigs, identification of common equipment/vehicle components, defensive driving skills, actual driving on rural, urban and interstate highways, cargo handling, tractor trailer backing and maneuvering, documentation and verification of loads and grades and equipment/vehicle inspections and logging.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community HEVO program will be able to:
- Demonstrate work safety when dealing with all professional heavy equipment and tractor-trailer rigs.
- Demonstrate general construction site safety.
- Demonstrate ability to operate diesel powered heavy equipment and tractor trailer rigs.
- Demonstrate ability to identify common equipment/vehicle components.
- Demonstrate defensive driving skills on rural, urban and interstate highways.
- Demonstrate ability to handle cargo.
- Demonstrate ability to back and maneuver tractor trailer rigs.
- Demonstrate ability to document and verify loads and grades.
- Demonstrate ability to inspect vehicles/equipment. Demonstrate ability to log hours according to laws and regulations.
- Womack Construction
- Scott Equipment
- Goldman Equipment
- Louisiana CAT
- 3H Trucking
- Poulos Brothers
- Kevin McMurray
- Shipman Construction
- JPS Equipment
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Automotive Technology
- Computerized Numerical Controlled Manufacturing
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Heavy Equipment Vehicle Operator
- Industrial Instrumentation Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Process Technology
- Structural Welding
- Structural and Pipe Welding
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.