Drafting and Design Technology
CIP Code - 151301
The mission of the Associate of Applied Technology in Drafting and Design Technology is to provide students with entry-level skills in drafting and related career fields and to provide entry-level draftsmen as employees that will meet Louisiana’s industrial needs.
The Associate of Applied Technology in Drafting and Design Technology is a two-year technical program designed to give the student the essential knowledge and skills required for efficient and productive performance in the drafting field. Students may be granted a Technical Diploma upon satisfactory completion of the diploma curriculum. Certificates are also offered for those needing training in areas of drafting such as CADD without gaining all of the skills required for employment as a drafter.
Students transferring into the program must take a minimum of 12 hours of technical coursework at Louisiana Delta Community College to be eligible to graduate with an Associate’s Degree in Drafting and Design.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Drafting and Design Technology program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to produce competent work using basic drafting principles including Geometric construction, Applied Mathematics and Dimensioning Skills.
- Create single and multiple auxiliary views of surfaces and objects.
- Produce industry-accepted drawings for various drafting fields including mechanical, piping, structural, civil, electrical, architectural, and manufacturing.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize computer-aided drafting (CAD) in the production technical drawings.
- Identify basic geometric elements, lines, angles, shapes, tangent points, and construct the location on any tangent construction.
- Identify the types of Industrial piping working drawings, processes, pipe fittings, P&ID, and equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to use CAD basic commands, create drawing setups, and 2D drawing layouts.
- Demonstrate the ability to use symbols, pipe fittings, and equipment to create basic piping drawings.