Alternative or Private Loans
Alternative, or private educational loans, are designed to assist students and their families who are either not eligible for federal loans, or who need additional education financing. Loan approval is generally based on your credit and a co-signer may be required. Alternative loans are available to students who are enrolled and pursuing a degree, certificate or license at Louisiana Delta Community College.
Careful consideration should be made in determining the amount you would like to borrow. This is a loan that must be repaid.
Please Note: As a result of the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) of 2009, borrowers will be required to submit a Private Education Loan Applicant Self- Certification to their lender before funds can be disbursed. Your lender will provide you with this form when you apply for the Private Alternative Loan. You can also locate the Self-Certification form online at: http://www.ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/attachments/GEN1001A-AppSelfCert.pdf
We would like to assure all educational loan borrowers the Office of Financial Aid does not receive any form of payment or benefits from lenders in exchange for listing them as a lender. Our office fully adheres to NASFAA’s Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals.
There is no obligation to select a lender from our lender listing. Borrowers have the right to select a lender of their choice. Per federal and institutional guidelines, the college will process any loan from any lender.
Finally, we wish to point out that our list of lenders is not in any order of preference.
We recommend that a borrower’s lender choice be carefully chosen as to what is best for the borrower and with the intent that one will remain with the same lender throughout enrollment at LDCC.
- Net Price Calculator
- Alternative Loans
- Bookstore Credit
- Consumer Information
- Clock to Credit Hour Conversion
- Contact Us
- Cost of Attendance
- FAQ's and How to Videos/Instruction
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Forms and Instructions
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Federal Direct Student Loan Glossary
- Financial Literacy - Understanding and Repaying Your Student Loans (opens in new window)
- Financial Aid Attendance Policy
- Federal Direct Student Loans Q&A
- Financial Aid Credit Balance
- Financial Aid Document Upload
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Freeze Information
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Updates
- Foundation Scholarships
- How to Apply
- How to accept your LoLA award
- How to obtain tracking requirements in LoLA
- How to request your tax transcript
- Institutional Aid
- Late-Start Classes
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Loan Code of Conduct
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Special Circumstance Request
- Terms and Conditions
- MJ Foster Promise
- Withdrawal and Resignation
- Types of Grants
- Year Round Pell FAQ
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.