Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
The federal government mandates that students must maintain SAP toward the completion of their degrees within a reasonable period of time in order to be eligible for Title IV financial aid programs.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for federal financial aid is defined as:
- Earning (passing) a required number of hours (67% of all hours attempted) and
- Achieving and maintaining a required grade point average and
- Total attempted hours must not exceed 150% of the published length of the students' degree program.
The SAP policy includes both a qualitative (such as the use of cumulative grade point average) and a quantitative (such as a maximum time-frame for completion) component.
The minimum progress evaluation (SAP) is reviewed at the end of every semester (Fall, Spring and Summer).
Your entire academic record is reviewed, including semesters when you did not receive federal financial aid.
Academic Amnesty does not affect or alter the student’s financial aid records for financial aid eligibility. All courses, hours attempted, and grades will be counted for financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress. Students who are granted academic amnesty must also submit a financial aid appeal, if not making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
*** SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS POLICY ***
CURRENT SAP POLICY
- Net Price Calculator
- Alternative Loans
- Bookstore Credit
- Consumer Information
- Clock to Credit Hour Conversion
- Contact Us
- Cost of Attendance
- FAQ's and How to Videos/Instruction
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Forms and Instructions
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Federal Direct Student Loan Glossary
- Financial Literacy - Understanding and Repaying Your Student Loans (opens in new window)
- Financial Aid Attendance Policy
- Federal Direct Student Loans Q&A
- Financial Aid Credit Balance
- Financial Aid Document Upload
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Freeze Information
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Updates
- Foundation Scholarships
- How to Apply
- How to accept your LoLA award
- How to obtain tracking requirements in LoLA
- How to request your tax transcript
- Institutional Aid
- Late-Start Classes
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Loan Code of Conduct
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Special Circumstance Request
- Terms and Conditions
- MJ Foster Promise
- Withdrawal and Resignation
- Types of Grants
- Year Round Pell FAQ
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.