Financial Aid Updates
IMPORTANT PELL INFORMATION
Louisiana Delta Community College (LDCC), Office of Financial Aid, would like to inform you of some exciting changes taking place within our College! LDCC is a part of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS). Our college is taking part in a pilot program through LCTCS which provides a centralized processing center that will offer significant administrative and processing support for the financial aid office. This support will also help provide a seamless and integrated enrollment experience for prospective and current students!
You may ask, what does this mean and how does it affect you. This NEW process will offer the following benefits to you:
- All students, excluding those with FAFSA conflicts, will be conditionally Awarded Pell Grant. Students must review their LoLA account and submit any Unsatisfied Requirements, if needed, to the Office of Financial Aid in order for Pell to be Authorized to your account. To be eligible for Pell, you must meet all federal eligibility requirements, meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), and be enrolled in a Pell eligible program/major.
- Students will be Offered an Award Package from the college that may include Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Go Grant, and Scholarships. Note, this is just an offer. All students must review their LoLA account and Accept, Decline, or Accept a Partial Amount of the aid that is being offered and submit any Unsatisfied Requirements, if needed, to the Office of Financial Aid in order for your financial aid to be applied to your account.
- The Summer semester is now the start of the New Award Year for financial aid purposes. For example, students attending for Summer will be awarded aid based on their eligibility from the 2018-2019 FAFSA. Therefore, student awards will be Packaged for Summer, Fall, and Spring; however if you do not plan to attend for the Summer, you will need to complete a Request for Aid Adjustment or Cancellation Form, and indicate what semesters you would like to apply your awards and the amount you are requesting. This form can be located on our website at www.ladelta.edu/ > Financial Aid > Financial Aid Forms.
Our goal is to continue to find innovative ways to better serve our students. However, as we go through this transitional phase, if you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Financial Aid. Please be assured that we will make every effort to resolve any situation that may arise. We look forward to serving you!
Other helpful links: Financial Aid Links
- Net Price Calculator
- Alternative Loans
- Bookstore Credit
- Consumer Information
- Clock to Credit Hour Conversion
- Contact Us
- FAQ's and How to Videos/Instruction
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Forms and Instructions
- Federal Direct Student Loan Glossary
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Financial Literacy - Understanding and Repaying Your Student Loans (opens in new window)
- Financial Aid Attendance Policy
- Federal Direct Student Loans Q&A
- Financial Aid Credit Balance
- Financial Aid Document Upload
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Freeze Information
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Updates
- Foundation Scholarships
- How to Apply
- How to accept your LoLA award
- How to obtain tracking requirements in LoLA
- How to request your tax transcript
- Institutional Aid
- Late-Start Classes
- Loan Code of Conduct
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Special Circumstance Request
- Terms and Conditions
- Withdrawal and Resignation
- Types of Grants
- Year Round Pell FAQ
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.