Bookstore Credit is only usable January 11, 2021 through January 29, 2021. During this time frame, students should purchase their books and supplies for ALL registered courses, including courses that begin at a later date within the semester (late start classes or part of term classes). The bookstore will be open for students to utilize their Bookstore Credit even though in person classes are not beginning until February 1, 2021. Please utilize your Bookstore Credit online now at www.ladelta.bncollege.com or in-store, at the Monroe campus location, beginning on January 11, 2021.
Second Half Term Classes – March 9th
Financial Aid Bookstore Credit for students enrolled in Second Half Term Classes (March 9th part of term) will be available March 9, 2021 through March 15, 2021. Students receiving financial aid must have a credit balance in order to utilize the bookstore credit. Students may utilize the bookstore credit online at www.ladelta.bncollege.com or in-store, at the Monroe campus location.
A book allowance is an advance on your financial aid refund that allows you to purchase books and supplies at the LDCC Barnes and Noble Bookstore. The amount of the book charges will be deducted from your financial aid refund.
When will I be able to purchase books?
Bookstore purchases may be made starting the first day of class. The deadline to purchase books will be the Census date which is the 14th class day for the Fall/Spring semesters. (7th class day during the Summer semester.)
How do I qualify for a book allowance?
In order to qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an undergraduate student registered for the semester
- Have a valid, current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with Louisiana Delta Community College
- Have ALL financial aid requirements successfully satisfied
- Be meeting satisfactory academic progress requirements
- Students must have Financial Aid awarded to his/her account, it must be enough to cover any outstanding tuition and fees, and it must leave a credit balance for the students to charge books.
How much can I receive?
The amount depends on how much you have available in financial aid funding after your charges have been paid (this includes tuition and fees), and your enrollments status.
The maximum amount of a book allowance is $800.
Do I need to present the bookstore with a paper book voucher?
No. Staff at the bookstore can view your book allowance information online; however, you must show your LDCC Student ID.
Do I need to go to the Financial Aid office to obtain a paper book voucher?
No. You will need to go to the bookstore with your student ID.
What if I don’t spend the full amount of my allowance?
You will only be charged for the amount that you spend at the LDCC Barnes and Noble Bookstore. If you do not use the full amount of the allowance, your account will be adjusted to reflect your actual purchases.
If you do not owe a student account balance, you will be issued a financial aid refund for the remaining amount.
Continuously check your LOLA account to review your student account balance.
Also, check your financial aid awards. Changes to your financial aid that result in funds being reduced or removed may affect your eligibility.
Where Can I Purchase My Books
Students may purchase books at the bookstore or online at https://ladelta.bncollege.com.
- Net Price Calculator
- Alternative Loans
- Bookstore Credit
- Consumer Information
- Clock to Credit Hour Conversion
- Contact Us
- FAQ's and How to Videos/Instruction
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Forms and Instructions
- Federal Direct Student Loan Glossary
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Financial Literacy - Understanding and Repaying Your Student Loans (opens in new window)
- Financial Aid Attendance Policy
- Federal Direct Student Loans Q&A
- Financial Aid Credit Balance
- Financial Aid Document Upload
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Freeze Information
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Updates
- Foundation Scholarships
- How to Apply
- How to accept your LoLA award
- How to obtain tracking requirements in LoLA
- How to request your tax transcript
- Institutional Aid
- Late-Start Classes
- Loan Code of Conduct
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Special Circumstance Request
- Terms and Conditions
- Withdrawal and Resignation
- Types of Grants
- Year Round Pell FAQ
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.