Financial Aid Attendance Policy
Failure to Begin Attendance
Federal regulations require that students earn their financial aid funds by attending and actively participating in courses. Attendance information is collected from faculty to verify financial aid eligibility. If a student fails to begin attendance in a course, the institution is required to reduce the student’s financial aid enrollment level and eligibility.
Your financial aid award will be adjusted for the following reasons:
- Enrollment status is verified on the last day of the drop/add period for each semester. If you drop or add classes by this date, your Pell Grant/TOPS/GO Grant awards will be adjusted accordingly.
- Instructors report non-attendance for any classes. Your aid will be adjusted if you do not attend any one of your classes (assuming the credit hour adjustment actually changes your aid eligibility).
- Receiving Pell Grant or Loans at two different colleges during the same academic year, which exceeds the total maximum limit for that year.
Any aid may be adjusted, if you totally withdraw before the federal deadline to withdraw and you may have to repay the aid you did not earn.
NOTE: A no-show for a face-to-face class is defined as lack of “attendance” where attendance is defined as one of the following:
- Physical class attendance where there is direct interaction between instructor and student (not simply signing in or clocking in and leaving shortly thereafter)
- Submission of an academic assignment
- Examination, interactive tutorial, or computer-assisted instruction
- Participation in on-line discussion about academic matters
- Documented initiation of contact with instructor to ask a question about academic subject
NOTE: A no-show for an online class is a student who has not: Completed the introductory assignment(s) by the deadline.
“No-Show” Reporting: If the student has not “attended” (per language above), the instructor will report the student as a no-show and financial aid may be adjusted if applicable.
- Net Price Calculator
- Alternative Loans
- Bookstore Credit
- Consumer Information
- Clock to Credit Hour Conversion
- Contact Us
- FAQ's and How to Videos/Instruction
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Forms and Instructions
- Federal Direct Student Loan Glossary
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Financial Literacy - Understanding and Repaying Your Student Loans (opens in new window)
- Financial Aid Attendance Policy
- Federal Direct Student Loans Q&A
- Financial Aid Credit Balance
- Financial Aid Document Upload
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Freeze Information
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Updates
- Foundation Scholarships
- How to Apply
- How to accept your LoLA award
- How to obtain tracking requirements in LoLA
- How to request your tax transcript
- Institutional Aid
- Late-Start Classes
- Loan Code of Conduct
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Special Circumstance Request
- Terms and Conditions
- Withdrawal and Resignation
- Types of Grants
- Year Round Pell FAQ
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.