Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of your financial aid award indicates that you agree to comply with the rules and regulations that govern the programs for federal aid as well as the policies of Louisiana Delta Community College Office of Financial Aid (OFA.)
- Your award is subject to change if corrections or revisions are made to the information you provided on your application for aid.
- An offer of financial aid is for the academic year (summer, fall, and spring). I must re-apply and re-establish eligibility for financial aid each award year.
- The OFA reserves the right to review my award package at any time. All awards are subject to modification should my financial aid status or my enrollment status change. In addition, my financial aid offered may be void or one or more financial aid program(s) may be canceled or modified if the aid was based on any error in determining eligibility or the amount of aid offered, whether or not the error was made by me or the OFA.
- Funds received from an outside source or agency for education expenses (scholarships, fee waivers, departmental awards etc.) should be reported immediately to the OFA. My aid may be adjusted as a result of these additional funds.
- If I am a Pell grant recipient, that eligibility is limited to a lifetime maximum of six years of eligibility or 600%, whichever comes first.
- Once financial aid funds are available for disbursement, funds will be credited to my student account to pay for tuition and fees and any other charges related to my education expenses (bookstore charges, parking decal, etc.) at LDCC. If my financial aid disbursement does not cover the balance due, I am responsible for payment to the college. Funds in excess of these charges (refunds) will be credited to my selected refund preference.
- Financial aid is available for payment only if you have been officially admitted (not provisionally) to the college, are enrolled in classes, and meet all other disbursement requirements. If I am offered federal student loans, I must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours throughout the loan period to be eligible to receive the loan funds.
- A condition to receive financial aid requires that I meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards according to policies established by LDCC. The policies include 1.) achieving and maintaining a required cumulative grade point average (GPA), 2.) earning a required number of hours (67%) of all hours attempted (PACE) and 3.) Total hours attempted must not exceed 150% of my current degree program or certificate.
- Should I withdraw from classes following payment of financial aid, I may be subject to repayment of funds already received based on the Return of Title IV Policy and calculations and I may jeopardize my future eligibility due to lack of achieving SAP.
- I may only receive financial aid at only one institution for the same period of enrollment.
- The OFA communicates with me via my LOLA account and email. It is my responsibility to check my LOLA account and read my LDCC student email regularly as well as the email address I entered on the FAFSA.